To start as soon as possible. Salary £22299 – £22944 (pro rata, part time), Permanent contract, 24 hours a week, days worked to be discussed.
The St Thomas á Becket Church of England Federation is looking for a new member of staff to add to their existing support staff team. You will be based within both Federation Schools, Blackboys and Framfield CEP Schools.
We are looking for a motivated, flexible and energetic Bursar to work across our small but thriving School Offices for a total of 24 hours a week. Days and hours to be worked will be discussed at interview.
Working alongside and in consultation with the Schools’ Headteachers and associated School bodies, duties will include:
- Sharing the management of the Schools’ finances.
- Preparing the Schools’ budget plan.
- Preparing the budget for approval by the Headteachers and Governors.
- Monitoring the budget share expenditures.
- Overall responsibility for all monies received by the Schools, ensuring that appropriate accounting procedures are adopted, understood and followed.
- To be responsible for all bank accounts relating to the Schools.
- To prepare financial reports for the Governing Body and Headteachers.
Strong ICT skills are essential, a recent experience of accounts and/or a good working knowledge of business finance are essential. A working knowledge of the Schools financial system FMS would be desirable but full training upon appointment will be given.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills being able to deal with a variety of stakeholders involved within the Federation. The candidate will have experience of office routines and commitment to develop professionally and to the Federation. The appointment will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
If you are a self starter, motivated, enthusiastic and enjoy a job where no two days are the same, we would love to hear from you. For a job description with person specification or for more details please contact the Blackboys School Office on 01825 890 423 OR email: email@example.com
Please note that despite being half term from Monday 15th- Friday 19th February the office inbox will be monitored and emails actioned.
Closing Date for applications: Monday 1st March at Midday, interviews (via Zoom) which will be conducted from the week beginning Monday 8th March.